Yes of course. We have space for you to leave one car or more than one if you let us know in advance.

The 'Self Drive Hire’ policy is a vehicle policy so covers most things you would expect from a standard car insurance policy. Other aspects such as theft of personal items, loss of holiday/replacement vehicle in the event of a breakdown or accident are not covered.

We ask that you request permission in writing (email) in advance if you wish to take the vehicle anywhere beyond Scotland (including islands) and The Lake District (Cumbria).

Scotland has different laws for wild campers. We recommend you research camp site and wild camping options. There are many useful websites.

Externally, the bodywork, wheels and tyres must be clean enough for us to carry out a damage inspection. The interior must be left with a clean fridge, sink and cooker (where provided) and all other areas must be left without the requirement for a deep clean as per the conditions in the hire agreement.

The heater uses diesel from the main fuel tank and is very frugal. The control has a thermostat setting. In cold weather, the upper bed will still be cold even with the heater on so extra blankets are recommended.

Our pricing structure is based on time of year and seasonal demand - we recommend that you send a best price enquiry using our enquiry form for longer or off season hires.

As little as possible. Space is limited and unnecessary items will get in the way.

Our insurer has stipulated the following terms:

Driver criteria.
All drivers must have held a full UK licence for a minimum of 24 months
All drivers must be aged between 23-75
Drivers can have up to 6 points on their licence (providing they are two minor offences)
Drivers can have no more than one fault or non-fault claim within a 5 year period
Documents required.

We need to take a copy of the following documents from each driver:

UK OR EU Photo card drivers’ licence (address and ID must be up to date) or older paper license accompanied by a valid passport.
Online licence check with DVLA for UK drivers.
One utility bill or statement (address must match that on the drivers’ licence).
One of the following (with address matching the drivers’ licence):
Council tax bill
TV/Internet/Landline bill
Bank or credit card statement
Mortgage Statement

It is a condition of our insurers that we take from you a £750 paid by a traceable method (BACS, credit/debit card, Paypal). This will be refunded at the end of the rental term provided no costs have been incurred.

Tay Campers is operated by the owners of Killin Hotel,, who started renting a motorhome in 2005.